Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Turkey Veggie Meatloaf Cups

Turkey Veggie Meatloaf Cups
I've recently become a fan of making meatloaf in my muffin tins. It cuts the cooking time to less than half of a regular meatloaf and it helps create the perfect serving size. Although, I must admit, I had three of these yummy bites tonight. Once again it was a table set for four because my oldest had a volleyball game and Dad is the coach so they were gone. We all would have gone, but it was an away game and it was 3 hours of travel time on a school night. No worries though, I saved them a plate.

Turkey Veggie Meatloaf Cups

1 pound of lean ground turkey
2 cups zucchini roughly chopped
1 red bell pepper chopped
1 cup onion chopped
1/2 c uncooked couscous
1 egg
1 Tbsp. dijon mustard
2 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce
bbq sauce

  1. Preheat oven to 400ยบ and prepare 20 muffin tins with cooking spray.
  2. In a food processor, pulse vegetables until finely minced but not liquid. 
  3. In a bowl, mix the veggie mixture with the turkey, couscous, egg, mustard and worcestershire sauce. 
  4. Fill cups 3/4 full and add a 1/2 tsp. of bbq sauce to top of each cup. 
  5. Bake for 25 min.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is also a great way to stretch the meat. I may half that and try it. Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete